Friday 28 March 2014

Review: Truly, Madly, Deeply

Author: Various
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Release Date: 21st February 2014
Pages: 384
Genre: Romance
Source: Thanks to Cara from Harlequin for sending me this book!

Synopsis
From wedding days to special anniversaries, steamy one-night encounters to everlasting loves. Truly, Madly, Deeply takes you on an unforgettable romantic adventure where love is really all you need.

This collection brings together all new specifically selected stories from star authors from the Romantic Novelists' Association including international bestsellers Katie Fforde, Carole Matthews, Adele Parks and Miranda Dickinson, and many, many more and is edited by Sue Moorcroft.


Review
First of all I must take a minute to say what a talented bunch of authors have created this book! No two stories were the same but every single one had me equally enthralled. This anthology was an absolutely pleasure to read.

I'm not usually a big reader of short stories. I often feel like the story has reached a premature end where either the character or the storyline could have been developed. This was certainly not the case with this collection. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything, each of the stories was perfectly balanced and I felt a warm glow inside when I finished each one. What was most wonderful about this book was that I could pick it up and read a story whenever I felt like it.

Romance was presented in so many ways in this anthology. There were weddings, anniversaries, make ups, break ups, old love, new love and so much more. I think it is apparent from the numerous settings in this book that love can strike at any time, any age or any location. Love can be grand, love can be secret, love can be anything you want it to be but if you look hard enough you will find it somewhere.

My favourite story was A Night To Remember by Nikki Moore. I think what drew me to this story was its resonance with real life. I'm not going to spoil the story but I could feel the emotions spilling out of the page - it was beautiful. 

I highly recommend this short story collection. I believe there is emotional power in every single one of the stories included in this collection and I cannot wait to hear more from the authors that contributed.

5/5 Stars

My Song Choice: Love On Top by Beyonce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...